How to Setup Smart Light for Your 1st Home
What Are Smart Lights?
The smart light is an innovative product that can be controlled through a physical switch or app on your phone (iOS and Android) and by using voice assistants like Amazon Echo and Google Home. To use this type of lighting, you will need to connect it with the internet, so be sure you have good Wi-Fi reception in your home!
If you're looking for a way to give your home an upgrade, several types of smart lighting can help. The most popular and easiest type is smart bulbs - these come in various sizes to fit standard fixtures without any lengthy installation process.
Homeowners also enjoy smart LED light strips, which help to illuminate under cabinets and shelves or gaming areas. Finally, outdoor sensor lights illuminate when it detects movement, thanks to their proximity detection capabilities. BAZZ Smart Home outdoor sensor lights will even alert you when motion is detected!
How to Install a Smart Light
Setting up smart lights is a relatively painless process, especially if you're outfitting your space with BAZZ Smart Home lighting! Our product requires no hub and works directly with the BAZZ Smart Home app or your Google Home or Alexa. Plus, we'll give you 20% off your first order for new purchasers when you use the code "BAZZ20" at checkout.
Step 1: Download the App
Search for "Bazz Smart Home" to download in the App Store or Google Play. The free app "Bazz Smart Home" is compatible with mobile devices IOS 8.0 and above and Android 4.0 and above.
Open the "Bazz Smart Home" app and tap "Register" to create an account. Select the right country code, enter your email or mobile number, and set a password. You can also register through other communication apps (Facebook, Gmail, etc.) at the bottom of the page.
- If you register by email, you will not receive a verification code. Simply enter your password to log in.
- If you register by phone number, you will receive a verification code before setting a password.
- It is recommended to register by email or mobile number if you want to use Amazon Alexa and Google Home for voice control.
Step 2: Connect Via the App
- Confirm the device is powered on.
- Confirm the device, smartphone, and router are as close to each other as possible.
- Confirm that the phone is connected to the Wi-Fi router and the internet.
- Open your app, tap the icon "+" on the top right corner of the "Devices" page, select the type of device you want to add.
- Press the ON/OFF button of the light fixture you install the bulb on slowly 3 times until the bulb flashes rapidly.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network, enter the correct password, and tap "Confirm."
Tip: Rename the bulb to make sure you can find it in your app, for example, kitchen, bedroom, living room, etc. This will help you have easier control over all the lights you install within your home.
Step 3: Set up Voice Recognition via Google Home
- Download and open the Google Assistant app.
- In the Explore section, tap the compass icon in the screen's upper-right corner.
- Tap the three-dots icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Find the Services section and select Home Control.
- Select the + icon in the lower-right corner.
- Scroll and find BAZZ Smart Home.
- Sign in to your BAZZ Smart Home account and see all the lights you set up appear under Home Control.
With everything set up, you can tell Google Home to perform various actions such as turning lights on or off with a simple voice command. You'll also be able to change their brightness level and color temperature for the supported bulbs that work together.For more information, visit our article How to Connect Smart Bulbs to Google Home.